Most weekends my family gets together and has a movie night. We gather together in our basement and watch movies on our big screen and the girls love it!! Since we all have been home lately, and all extra-curricular activities have come to a halt, we have even more time that we are able to enjoy some really good movies and shows!! And what else does movie night mean? Snacks of course!! I mean what is movie night without good food? Do you know anyone who even goes to the movie theater and does not get a snack? Of course not. It is a must have!
Yes, most of the time we will have your typical snacks like popcorn or chips. And we even make a trip sometimes to grab boxes of the candy that you would usually get at the theater, sour patch kids, goobers, starburst, etc. And sometimes we love to come up with our creations or try new recipes to include in our fun family tradition. This past week we made a very simple and yummy dessert/snack, Pretzel Bars. Y’all, these were amazing! We made two pans of them, and both pans were gone by the end of the movie. We found the recipe on Pinterest and there were different variations of the recipe you could try. This is the one we used:
12 ounce package semi-sweet chocolate chips
8 ounces mini pretzel twists
11 oz bag Caramel Bits (or homemade caramel)
- Line a large rimmed baking sheet with parchment paper
- Melt just 8 ounces of the chocolate chips in microwave ( keep remaining 4 ounces for another step). Be sure to stir and check on these as you microwave about every 10-15 seconds stirring until smooth.
- Spread the chocolate evenly over the parchment paper. Immediately add the pretzel twists and press them into the chocolate. Don’t worry they can overlap.
- Add caramel bits to microwave safe bowl along with 2 tablespoons of water and follow instructions on package for melting. Mine took a little under 2 minutes. Be sure to stir until smooth.
- Drizzle the melted caramel over the pretzels.
- Melt the remaining 4 ounces of chocolate and drizzle over the caramel and then sprinkle with sea salt.
- Refrigerate until hardened.
- Cut into squares or tear into pieces.
Guys, this is such a yummy treat!! The mixture of the chocolate, caramel, and salt is just a dreamy combination. Give this a try for an easy dessert or snack. Cut them or tear them up on a plate and cuddle up with a blanket and get ready for your movie night snack. Hurry and get yours though, they will go quick!!!
I hope you all enjoy this delicious treat and prayers for many blessings for you all today.
Love and hugs,